In the tradition of his previous children’s titles, Backyard Birds and Birds of Prey, acclaimed artist Robert Bateman invites young readers to join him on his journey to the ends of the Earth—both ends! His own respect for and fascination with the rich variety of wildlife able to survive—and even thrive—in both the Arctic and Antarctica are lovingly presented here in his paintings and sketches. Through the visuals he gives us a window into these natural landscapes; through his text he provides fascinating facts and profiles of polar inhabitants, including arctic wolves, polar bears, whales, seals and albatrosses. Curious young minds will be seriously engaged by this delightful, informative book.
- Short-listed, Red Cedar Award (BC Young Readers’ Choice), 2011
- Short-listed, Hackmatack Children’s Choice Award (Atlantic Canada), 2010
- Short-listed, Christie Harris Illustrated Children’s Literature Prize, 2009
- Short-listed, Children’s Literature Roundtables of Canada – Information Book Award, 2009
- Short-listed, Children’s Literature Roundtables of Canada, Information Book Award, 2009
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children’s Book Centre, 2009
Polar Worlds by Robert Bateman – Hardcover