- Preparing for a Successful Education Program
- Bateman Master Artist Seminar
- Nature Near You Student Art Contest
- Nature Talks 2018
Robert Bateman Artist Masterclass
Sunday, May 5th – Thursday, May 9th, 2019
Join us for a once in a lifetime opportunity.
World-renowned Canadian master artist and naturalist, Robert Bateman, will host an intimate seminar, exploring ideas and techniques that make for successful artwork. Open to artists of any medium, this is not a typical studio-style, painting class, but a multi-day workshop featuring spoken lectures and powerpoint seminars. Mr. Bateman will share his life stories, inspirations and composition, whilst also demonstrating the art techniques behind his work. Travel with Robert Bateman through his adventures in art and nature from the young age of 12 through to his experience as an 88-year-old still practising his craft. This Masterclass also includes a photography session and critiques of participant’s artwork, with Mr. Bateman offering suggestions and feedback from his unique perspective as an internationally-celebrated artist and conservationist.
A warm welcome from The Bateman Foundation Team
Located in picturesque downtown Victoria in the scenic Inner Harbour, experience the Vancouver Island sights, sounds and fabulous food of this favourite tourist destination! Bringing a friend or the whole family? They can enjoy the unique experiences that Victoria has to offer with discounts to several local tourist attractions.
810 Humboldt Street
- Sunday May 5th, 5:30-8pm: Registration and Meet & Greet with renowned Master artist and naturalist Robert Bateman at The Robert Bateman Centre for a private reception. Light refreshments will be served. Explore the world’s largest collection of original artwork by Robert Bateman with over 70 rare and popular paintings! The Gallery is located inside the historic Steamship Terminal on the waterfront of Victoria’s stunning Inner Harbour. Enjoy the combination of art and nature overlooking breathtaking views of the city’s natural and historic heritage.
- Monday-Wednesday, May 6th – 8th: Three full days of instruction with Robert Bateman
- Thursday, May 9th: Morning instruction with Robert Bateman until 12 noon. Option to participate afterwards in an exclusive Nature Sketch class at Beacon Hill Park with Mr. Bateman and The Bateman Foundation’s Victoria Nature Sketch team.
- Meet & Greet reception with Robert Bateman
- 3.5 full days of workshop time with Robert Bateman
- 8×11″ Robert Bateman sketchbook
- 2-hour Nature Sketch class at Beacon Hill Park
Please Note: Payment is due in full at the time of registration. Cancellation before April 15th, 2019 will result in a $200 cancellation fee. No refunds after April 15th. All proceeds support the educational programming work of the Bateman Foundation team to reconnect people of all ages to nature.
What to Bring:
- Notebook & pen, laptop, etc. (for note-taking during lectures)
- Camera/phone to take photos during the workshop as well as the photography session
- 1-2 digital images of your artwork on a USB thumbdrive for critique
- Your favorite sketching pencils/erasers for NatureSketch session
Robert Bateman inside the The Robert Bateman Centre, Victoria, BC.
- Hotel room discounts available at Parkside Hotel & Spa at $199-269 per night
- Receive 10% off all purchases at the Gallery Gift Shop
- Be part of Robert’s legacy to reconnect people to nature by becoming a Member of the Bateman Foundation / Robert Bateman Centre
Gallery Membership benefits:
- Pride that you are supporting the Bateman Foundation to connect people of all ages to nature through art
- Special donor updates to show how you’re making a difference across Canada
- Monthly newsletter keeping you up to date with Foundation activities and telling you how you can be involved
- Exclusive invites to special events and functions
- 10% discount at the Robert Bateman Gallery shop and online at batemancentre.org/shop
- Have a say in the way the Foundation runs with voting rights at the AGM
- Unlimited admission to the Robert Bateman Centre gallery and special exhibitions
- Free invites and admission to member events, lectures, and exhibit openings
- Discounts on select specialty programs and activities including 10% off at the Steamship Grill
- One free guest pass
- Discounts on admission at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, Craigdarroch Castle, Royal BC Museum, and Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea
For questions or assistance, please contact the Programs Manager at The Bateman Foundation: email@example.com