Robert Bateman Masterclass
May 5 2019 - May 9 2019
Robert Bateman Masterclass –
May 5th-9th, 2019
Join us for a once in a lifetime opportunity.
World-renowned Canadian master artist and naturalist, Robert Bateman, will host a 2019 masterclass, exploring ideas and techniques that make for successful artwork. Open to artists of any medium, this is not a typical studio-style, painting class, but a multi-day workshop featuring spoken lectures and powerpoint seminars. Mr. Bateman will share his life stories, inspirations and composition, whilst also demonstrating the art techniques behind his work. Travel with Robert Bateman through his adventures in art and nature from the young age of 12 through to his experience as an 89-year-old still practising his craft. This Masterclass also includes a Nature Sketch session at Beacon Hill Park and critiques of participant’s artwork, with Mr. Bateman offering suggestions and feedback from his unique perspective as an internationally-celebrated artist and conservationist.
Thank you! It was a life experience getting to meet Robert Bateman.
Join artists from around the world gathering for this special opportunity; we have people converging from throughout Canada, the US and as far as the Netherlands. Tickets will sell out, so we urge you to contact us if you have any questions before registering – our Programs team will be delighted to help you!
For further information, please give the Bateman Foundation a call at (250) 940 3626 and ask to speak to our Programs Team.
Additional information about location, itinerary and program costs can be found below.
810 Humboldt Street
- Sunday May 5th, 5:30-8pm: Registration and Meet & Greet with renowned Master artist and naturalist Robert Bateman at The Robert Bateman Centre for a private reception. Light refreshments will be served. Explore the world’s largest collection of original artwork by Robert Bateman with over 70 rare and popular paintings! The Gallery is located inside the historic Steamship Terminal on the waterfront of Victoria’s stunning Inner Harbour. Enjoy the combination of art and nature overlooking breathtaking views of the city’s natural and historic heritage.
- Monday-Wednesday, May 6th – 8th: Three full days of instruction with Robert Bateman
- Thursday, May 9th: Morning instruction with Robert Bateman until 12 noon. 2 pm: Option to participate afterwards in an exclusive Nature Sketch class at Beacon Hill Park with Mr. Bateman and The Bateman Foundation’s Victoria Nature Sketch team.
- Meet & Greet reception with Robert Bateman
- 3.5 full days of workshop time with Robert Bateman
- 8×11″ Robert Bateman sketchbook
- 2-hour Nature Sketch class at Beacon Hill Park
Please Note: Payment is due in full at the time of registration. Cancellation before April 15th, 2019 will result in a $200 cancellation fee. No refunds after April 15th. All proceeds support the educational programming work of the Bateman Foundation team to reconnect people of all ages to nature.
What to Bring:
- Notebook & pen, laptop, etc. (for note-taking during lectures)
- Camera/phone to take photos during the workshop
- Your favourite sketching pencils/erasers for the Nature Sketch session