Bateman Master Artist Seminar
October 17 2018 - October 21 2018
Bateman Master Artist Seminar – Oct. 17 – 21, 2018
810 Humboldt Street
- Wednesday October 17th, 5-7 pm: Registration and Meet & Greet with master artist and naturalist Robert Bateman at The Robert Bateman Centre Gallery for a private reception. Light refreshments will be served. Explore the world’s largest collection of original artwork by Robert Bateman with over 70 rare and popular paintings! The Robert Bateman Centre Gallery is located inside the historic Steamship Terminal on the waterfront of Victoria’s stunning Inner Harbour. Enjoy the combination art and nature overlooking breathtaking views of the city’s natural and historic heritage.
- Thursday – Saturday October 18th – 20th: Three full days of instruction with Robert Bateman at the Parkside Hotel & Spa.
- Sunday October 21st: Morning instruction with Mr. Bateman until 12 noon. Option to participate afterwards in an exclusive NatureSketch class (2 – 5pm) at Beacon Hill Park with The Bateman Foundation’s own NatureSketch team.
- Meet & Greet reception with Robert Bateman
- 3.5 full days of workshop time with Robert Bateman
- 8″ x 11” Robert Bateman sketchbook
- 2 hr NatureSketch class at Beacon Hill Park with a Nature Sketch artist/instructor & a naturalist
- BOOKING BONUS: book your workshop with us by Aug. 31 to receive a FREE limited edition Robert Bateman print!
- Payment in full is due at the time of registration. Cancellation before Oct. 1st, 2018 will result in a $200 cancellation fee. No refunds after Oct. 1st, 2018.
To Register for the Bateman Master Artist Seminar click the BOOK NOW button on the left side of this page
- Notebook & pen, laptop, etc (for note-taking during lectures)
- Camera/phone to take photos during the workshop as well as the photography session
- 1-2 digital images of your artwork on a USB thumbdrive for critique
- Your favorite sketching pencils/erasers for NatureSketch session
- Hotel room discounts available at Parkside Hotel & Spa for $125/night. Book before September 2nd to receive your room rate discount at the Parkside Hotel & Spa.
- Purchase a Gallery Membership for $25 (50% discounted price for participants) and receive discounts for The Steamship Grill (same building as TRBC), Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, Craigdarroch Castle, Royal BC Museum, and Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea & more fabulous local attractions!
Gallery Membership details:
Pride that you are supporting the Bateman Foundation to connect people of all ages to nature through art!
Special donor updates to show how you’re making a difference across Canada
Monthly newsletter keeping you up to date with Foundation activities and telling you how you can be involved
Exclusive invites to special events and functions
10% discount at the Robert Bateman Gallery shop and online at batemancentre.org/shop
Have a say in the way the Foundation runs with voting rights at the AGM
Unlimited admission to the Robert Bateman Centre gallery and special exhibitions
Free invites and admission to member events, lectures, and exhibit openings
Discounts on select specialty programs and activities including 10% off at the Steamship Grill
One free guest pass
Discounts on admission at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, Craigdarroch Castle, Royal BC Museum, and Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea
- Sunday afternoon, 2-5 pm: NatureSketch class led by artist/instructor/Programs manager, Carey-Lynn Link & one of our local naturalists, in Beacon Hill Park, cost included in price of workshop
- Eagle Wing Whale Watching Tours: 20% discount for workshop participants, book online or by phone https://www.eaglewingtours.com/tours-rates/whale-watching-day-tours/
PROMO CODE: ARTIST18
- Victoria Carriage Tours: 45 minute Beacon Hill Park Tour for $100 (regularly $165), email email@example.com to book.